"In dialogue we trust"
Finland has very good reputation as an educational country or state. Most people know our well trained teachers and our teacher training system. Teacher's profession is highly valued in Finnish society and salaries are quite good.
Is this all ? There is still one point missing ? Our Educational leadership and principal training. You can't get excellent results in any area without good leadership and coaching.
For example Institute of Educational Leadership at University of Jyväskylä has developed all-round principal preparation training programme. I am personal also tutoring and mentoring these future educational leaders at Uni. https://www.jyu.fi/edu/laitokset/koulutusjohtaminen/en
Training program is divided in two sections : Academic lections, seminars and other studies at Uni and real-life situations (Praktikum) under the guidance of our tutors. During the studies participants will :
· understand the educational administration and leadership
· have dialogue and interpersonal relations
· make their own leadership philosophy
· study part-time 1½ years using various pedagogical methods
· get qualifications of teaching personnel (law)
· team work and co-operate
· use e-learning platform and ICT