Indian delegation in Muurame Upper Secondary School
13 Indian education leaders visited Jyväskylä area Central Finland. Delegation was facilitated by EZ Vidya corporation. Mr Bhanu Potta from Nokia ja Mr Ganesh Subramanian from EZ Viday coordinated and moderated Indian delegation. Delegation has one goal : to get know better world known Finnish education system in general from kindergarten (K-12) to university. Here was our schedule :
Lecture : Finnish school system – key expert Mr. Petri Lounaskorpi
Visit No 1 : Haukkamäki kindergarten – Ms Päivi Kaihlajärvi ,Ms Merja Hautakangas
- Kindergarten and pre school
- Offers diversified and high quality day care in a secure environment for children aged 1-6 years
- Works in close cooperation with the Keski-Palokka primary school (school visit No 2) nearby
Implementing the mobile tools in preschool education
Visit No 2 : Keski-Palokka primary school – Principal Mr Esa Jaakkola
· The school (K-6) has about 500 pupils and 42 teachers. Keski-Palokka is an elementary school in Jyväskylä offering a science programme, which means more lessons in mathematics and a hands-on approach to physics, chemistry, geography and biology.
· excellent English teaching and teaching for students with multi-cultural backgrounds
· The new educational and pedagogical method in primary school
· The practical classrooms of the 21 centery
· Green flag school
Visit No 3 : Faculty of Education / Department of Teacher Education – Mr Matti Kuorelahti
· The Department of Teacher Education has its roots in the first Finnish-language teacher training college, Jyväskylä Teacher Seminary founded in 1863. In 1934, this teacher training college became the College of Education, in turn becoming the University of Jyväskylä in 1966.
· The Faculty of Education eventually became the fifth independent faculty of the University of Jyväskylä in 1973. In 1979 teacher education became university-level education with the qualification of a Master's degree in Education.
Visit No 4 : Institute of Educational Leadership – Mr. Mika Risku and Ms. Päivi Kananen
· The Institute of Educational Leadership has been at the forefront of developing research and university-based training in educational administration and leadership in Finland since 1999.
· For Finnish customers the Institute offers the Principal Preparation Programme, which provides eligibility for a principalship, and for senior principals we provide an Advanced Leadership Programme.
· For superintendents and principals the Institute organizes leadership training programmes.
Visit No 5 : Palokka comprehensive school (grades 1-9) – Principal Tuija Hakkarainen (Ms)
· Excellent English teaching and teaching for students with multi-cultural backgrounds
· New winds of Finnish school building, centre of the surrounding society
· Globe school since 1996
· The curriculum of ICT and mobile learning
Lecture: The role of inspection in Finnish school system – Mr Juho Helminen special advisor of the Finnish National Bureau of Education
· New learning methods
· Mobile administration of the school
· Entrepreneur education in Finnish schools
· Social media and social media networks in learning
· Sustainability system and Certificate for promoting environmental education
Mr Bhanu Potta and our international coordinator Mrs Heli Vuorela
We both learnt a lot of our cultures and education sectors. In India the whole scale is enormous comparing Finnish ones. One of our guests had more than 9800 schools under his control. And one unit consist nearly 14 000 students. Everything is smaller in Finland. Still teacher’s work is similar. Hopefully we see each other another time in Finland or in India.
Thanks Indian people for my first elephant. I want to see real one some day.